If your website is not found on page 1 of Google, you can lose up to 95% of potential clicks to your site, domains that slip down to Page 2 only attract 5 percent of search traffic. With this in mind, before you start working on your website to determine which key words to compete for ranking in Google and Bing, and before you set out a strategy for digital marketing and your businesses online presence, there is one key task that must be performed to get a baseline understanding of your website, social media profiles, and how search engines view it. This critical task is called an SEO Audit. An SEO audit report determines about how well a website is doing and if it will be found easily on search engines, local directories and social media. This is both an exercise in understanding the on-page technical issues you may face, how secure your website is, as well as the content challenges facing you. It is also a discovery process by which you find out how other websites, directories and even local search engines link to you, as well as link to your most relevant local competitors that are situated in close geographic proximately to your store or service area.
There are many significant benefits of auditing your website’s SEO status. This report provides comprehensive information about yours and your competitors’ websites and social profiles. Just a few of the main benefits of an SEO audit report are:
- Track your website’s programming for page speed and site security.
- Learn if there are any technical problems that are negatively affecting how Google perceives your website, and if you are subject to any Google penalties
- It gives you competitive intelligence to not only your site, but also your competitors sites and what they are doing well or poorly as opposed to your online marketing efforts, so you know if you should be focusing on local search to start or a more national level
- It lets you know what specific steps you can take to improve your domain authority.
- Provides a report on your top keywords and how high up on Google and Bing you rank as opposed to your top 3 competitors in your local area.
- You will get a better understanding of how you can improve your website’s ranking on the popular search engines.
- Provides the information you need to plan and execute the ideas of getting more people to click on your site from the search engine and increase traffic, thereby increasing sales.
- You can improve your sales, conversions and leads through SEO audit report.
The bottom line is that without a proper SEO audit you do not know what you are doing well, and where your website and digital marketing efforts are falling short. More importantly, a solid SEO audit report will give you specific action steps you can take to improve your online presence. If you would like to learn more about search engine audits for your own company, you can follow the above mentioned steps or even easier, use a free SEO Audit Tool.